+44(0) 207 580 6970

admin@entlondon.co.uk

Tonsil Surgery For Adults

August 4, 2011 - admin

10 Comments

Tonsils are small glands in the throat, which fight infections. As a person grows older, the tonsils usually shrink in size and become less important for fighting infections. Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils, commonly caused by viral or bacterial infections. It is primarily a childhood disease, as the tonsils in most adults have atrophied. However, in rare cases, the tonsils may persist right into adulthood, sometimes resulting in severe tonsillitis.

Some symptoms of tonsillitis are red tonsils, white patches on the tonsils, sore throat, cough, headache, fever and chills. If you are suffering from these symptoms, you should consider consulting with an ENT specialist, who will be able to diagnose and treat the problem. In most cases, tonsillitis can be treated with antibiotics or other medications. An ENT specialist may advise surgery only in rare cases, such as when:

• Patients do not respond to treatment.
  • The tonsils cause recurrent sore throats, despite treatment with antibiotics.
  • Enlarged tonsils block the airway.
  • An abscess (quinsy) develops alongside the tonsil.
  • The ENT specialist suspects that there is a tumour within the tonsil.

If an ENT specialist advises surgery to treat the problem, they should explain to the patient why surgery is necessary. A patient can change their mind about surgery at any time prior to the procedure, even if they have signed a consent form. Patients may also ask their ENT specialist or GP, to arrange for a second opinion, if needed.

Surgery to remove the tonsils is usually performed under general anaesthesia, and can generally be completed in about 30 minutes. During the procedure, the ENT surgeon will remove the tonsils through the mouth, before stopping the bleeding. Most ENT surgeons would usually advise an overnight stay at the hospital, unless the patient lives near the ENT clinic. After the surgery, the patient’s throat may feel sore for about ten days. The ENT surgeon will usually prescribe painkillers to make the patient feel more comfortable during this healing period.

ENT London is a highly reputed ENT clinic in central London, which specialises in treating tonsillitis, as well as other ear, nose and throat problems. The team of ENT surgeons at ENT London have years of experience in performing different ENT surgeries, and will do their utmost to ensure maximum patient comfort.

ENT London has a team of some of UK’s leading ENT surgeons, and can be contacted on 0207 580 6970.

admin

10 thoughts on “Tonsil Surgery For Adults

• proxies for twitter

February 1, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Many thanks

• best proxy site

February 3, 2018 at 5:02 am

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

• free private proxy

February 4, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Your web page won’t display properly on my i phone – you might want to try and repair that

• buying proxy

February 4, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say that you’ve done a excellent job with this. Also, the blog loads very fast for me on Chrome. Superb Blog!

• buy best proxy

February 4, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll.

• Bennie Pach

February 7, 2018 at 10:01 am

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

• Rodger Grunst

February 8, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Very nice post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is really the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thx 🙂

• Golda Dittmar

February 8, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Thank you for any other great post. Where else could anybody get that kind of info in such a perfect approach of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.

• Jerrell Tremaine

February 8, 2018 at 7:39 pm

Thanks for expressing your ideas. I’d also like to express that video games have been actually evolving. Modern tools and inventions have made it easier to create sensible and fun games. Most of these entertainment games were not actually sensible when the concept was being tried out. Just like other forms of technologies, video games also have had to progress by way of many ages. This itself is testimony towards fast development of video games.

• furtdso linopv

June 5, 2018 at 9:21 pm

I want foregathering utile info, this post has got me even more info! .