Non Surgical Rhinoplasty
Comments are off for this post.
Every year, numerous people choose to undergo rhinoplasty to enhance the appearance of their nose. Commonly also referred to as a ‘nose job’ or cosmetic nose surgery, rhinoplasty enables people who are unhappy with the size and shape of their nose to change it so that they find it more attractive. However, there are many people who may not wish to undergo nose surgery to refine their nose. For such cases, the ENT surgeon may suggest non-surgical rhinoplasty.
What does the procedure involve?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a safe, less invasive alternative to traditional nose surgery. Around 30 minutes before the treatment, a topical anaesthetic is applied on the nose to numb the surface. During the procedure, injectable fillers are injected into specific areas, in small amounts, to achieve the desired contours. The patient can view the outcome of the treatment immediately, and the results are expected to last for approximately six to twelve months, depending on the case.
Some refinements that can be made through non-surgical rhinoplasty are:
- Straightening of slightly crooked noses.
- Augmentation of small noses.
- Straightening of moderately hook-shaped noses.
- Correction of mild to moderate bumps on the nose bridge.
- Slight modifications to the nasal tip.
- Increase in the height of the nose.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a pain-free procedure, with most patients only experiencing slight swelling immediately after the procedure. In most cases, patients will be able to return to work on the same day that they undergo the treatment. However, most ENT surgeons usually advise patients to avoid wearing eyeglasses for about two weeks after the procedure, to retain the shape of their new nose. As the results of non-surgical rhinoplasty are temporary, adjustments can be made periodically to match changes of other facial features, thus helping to retain a natural look, over the years.
Below are some of the benefits of non-surgical rhinoplasty:
- General anaesthesia is not required.
- There is hardly any swelling and discomfort.
- Downtime is minimal.
- The results can be viewed instantly.
- It is more affordable compared to traditional nose surgery.
- Patients, who wish to know if they are suitable for non-surgical rhinoplasty, should consult with a cosmetic surgeon, or an appropriately trained ENT surgeon, who can provide advice on all aspects of the procedure.
ENT London is a premier ENT clinic in central London, which specialises in rhinoplasty London. The skilled ENT surgeons at ENT London are highly experienced, and dedicated to providing the highest level of patient care.
ENT London is one of UK’s leading rhinoplasty clinics, and can be contacted on 0207 580 6970.