Preparation For Rhinoplasty
Comments are off for this post.
Rhinoplasty is now one of the most common types of cosmetic surgery performed in the UK. If you have decided to go ahead with rhinoplasty, your appointed ENT surgeon should provide you with detailed information on everything you need to know, prior to the date of your nose surgery. This includes information regarding schedules, medications and pre-operative preparation.
Below is an outline of some of the common instructions given by ENT surgeons to patients scheduled to undergo rhinoplasty:
- Avoid medications, vitamins and herbs specified by the ENT surgeon prior to nose surgery.
- Purchase medications prescribed by your ENT surgeon prior to your nose surgery. This can include analgesics, antibiotics and anti-emetics for use post surgery.
- Arrange for some help with daily chores and schedule plenty of time for rest post surgery.
- Store cold compresses in your freezer, for placing on the nose to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty.
- Make sure you sleep with a pillow to keep your head elevated after nose surgery, and reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Arrange for some help taking care of children and pets, if necessary, for the first few days after rhinoplasty.
- Arrange with a friend or relative, to bring you to the clinic, and take you home after rhinoplasty.
- Wear comfortable clothing on the day of the nose surgery. Shower and shampoo in the morning, and do not wear any cosmetics like eye makeup, facial lotions, perfume or hair gel.
- Do not drink any alcohol for one week before and after rhinoplasty.
- Do not drink or eat anything for the time period stated by your ENT surgeon prior to your nose surgery.
- Do not wear jewellery, wristwatches, hairpieces, false eyelashes, or contact lenses to the clinic, on the date of surgery.
- If you are a smoker, your ENT surgeon will advise you to quit smoking for a certain time period, before and after nose surgery. This is because smoking is known to hinder the healing process.
Located in central London, ENT London is a highly reputed ENT clinic that specialises in rhinoplasty London. All the ENT specialists at ENT London are registered with the UK General Medical Council, and are committed to maximising patient comfort.
ENT London is one of UK’s leading rhinoplasty clinics, and can be contacted on 0207 580 6970.